What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I make a layer act as a canvas w/size constraints?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK that looks good. But can you walk me through the steps of how that's all done: e.g. 1. , 2., 3. Hopefully it's not that hard. Thanks.

I already have! Check out post #6

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I guess I did not tell you how I created the black rectangle.

I just created a new layer.
Then I used the Rectangular Marquis tool to create the rectangle.
Then I filled the rectangle with black. Set your foreground color to black (or press D to reset to black and white) the use the Bucket Tool or just hit Alt/Opt + delete to fill with foreground color.

PSPix

I guess I did not tell you how I created the black rectangle.

I just created a new layer.
Then I used the Rectangular Marquis tool to create the rectangle.
Then I filled the rectangle with black. Set your foreground color to black (or press D to reset to black and white) the use the Bucket Tool or just hit Alt/Opt + delete to fill with foreground color.
OOoooooooh. I understand now, completely!

So that's why when I moved the bottom image, it moved the other one.

Thanks a lot, I overlooked a lot of things

:)

Well the case is closed, your honour.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The trick to moving the cat image and the constraining rectangle is in making them a group...........the you move the group.

PSPix

The trick to moving the cat image and the constraining rectangle is in making them a group...........the you move the group.
OK well I got it. Good night to you, I'm heading off now thanks for the help.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seriously, if you have any questions at all please ask. I don't mind explaining!

Good night.

PSPix

Seriously, if you have any questions at all please ask. I don't mind explaining!

Good night.
Haha, I understand. I only came after looking for an answer for days and trying things myself. But this is solved now so that's all I need for now. If I need help, I'll come back. OK I'll stop replying.

Good night, good bye ~