What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to recreate a shield shape.Got struck!!

Soumya

Trying to recreate or replicate this attached shape with gradients and information on a shield shape.Got struck!! Any help or tutorials will be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance Gurus.How to add exactly similar gradients and other information on the Target file ?? Want to learn .Thanks in advance.

Ok i tried to replicate this shield - Please see below attached image :

Untitled-1.jpg

I created the shape using pen tool. Please see below attached image :

s11.jpg

Here's the transparent one : Please see below attached image :

s11.png
Here's the shape psd i created :

View attachment sou1.psd

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Double click on an empty space in de 'composite path' layer, that will open the layer style options.
Tick 'bevel and emboss'.
Play with the settings untill you're satisfied.

Untitled-1.jpg

Soumya

thank you.But there are so many other information on it if u see it closely.Some sorta white decorations etc..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
thank you.But there are so many other information on it if u see it closely.Some sorta white decorations etc..
Your correct.

When users ask about how to re-create a particular effect like this border, you don't realize that it's almost impossible for us to give you an exact answer.

You have to understand that the Bevel & Emboss feature in layer styles is HIGHLY configurable! The gloss contour can be changed both in the B&E section as well as the contour area of the B&E section. You can make your own gloss contour, change the colors, the highlight colors, the blend modes of both, the angle and altitude of the lighting and shading, size, depth, and direction..........................and so much more!
You can layer-layer styles! That's right you can stack one layer (like your border) with it's own layer style on top of another border layer with yet another layer style!

There are so many variables involved with matching an unknown border (as in the shield) that without having the original layer style from the original creator of the shield, your only option is to sit down and begin to experiment until you figure it out. That's exactly what we would have to do!

Unless there was a specific tutorial made for the border example you have posted, I have no idea of any tutorials that I/we could link you with.

If your unfamiliar with Bevel & Emboss in the layer styles, here are some tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Photoshop+How+to+use+Bevel+and+Emboss+layer+style

Just start learning how all the features work and then start experimenting!

Sorry, but that's about as close as I can get without just taking the time and considerable effort to try and figure out what was done in your border example.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looking pretty good. Keep experimenting and you may get it fairly close.

To replicate the highlights, try a low-hardness, low-opacity white brush on a layer ABOVE the shield border, and brush stroke your highlights. If you mess up, just restart, and you won't ruin your border.

You can CTL+mouseclick the thumbnail for the border, then select the highlight layer, and you will have the shape selected.