What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blending Colors

djdancer

Sam when you made this new layer you made it a white fill? How long did it take you to do each corner? Something is wrong because it's taken me a very long time and my color isn't right. I picked the red that was on that site but it's coming out more of a pink and took me so long just to get that small area colored. Also, my brush is bigger than my page. lol
brust tool.png
Thank you Sam!!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sam when you made this new layer you made it a white fill?
No. The layer is just a new transparent layer.

The layer that I posted with the white BG was only to show you how the brush pattern looked by itself.

This is the layers panel I posted, please note that the brush layer is transparent.
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.29.31 AM.png

djdancer

Sam here's mine. Yours still looks better but I'll work at it. I have a couple more to do. Yours also looks more glossy than mine??
Thank you once again!! :)
View attachment 66050slider-top1r.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did you upload the wrong image? This looks like the first one.

Where's the color fill layer? And the brush vignette layer?

djdancer

Sam yes I uploaded the wrong file. I really shouldn't be touching anything right now. Lack of sleep. I'm happy with it except mine has a lot more brush to it than yours does. Is there anyway to take any of it off? I'm not all that concerned with it but just wanted to know. Who knows maybe when I get recouped I'll dive into it and finish all.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your version looks very good! It's very similar to the original slider you were emulating.

If you want to change the brushed vignette.............just turn off the first attempt, create a new layer, try again.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You are using the wrong brush. I think you have chosen a brush with a preset. I can tell by this spray pattern.
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 4.16.36 PM.png

Just use a standard brush with the setting I showed you. Should look like this..
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 4.18.01 PM.png

It should not have any other settings in the brush properties except transfer and smoothing.
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 4.20.14 PM.png

djdancer

How long does it take you to do that layer? I'm only asking because I'm probably doing it wrong. It took me a while. :) Never mind. I just saw your reply. I think it's odd because I don't see all the posts then I was just going back through and see that I was using the wrong brush. I did see the post before that on my first time though. I should delete my account and go create a new.

Last edited:

djdancer

Sam I don't have the same version of preset tools that you do. I'm sure you have a new version. I'm using CS3. Should I choose "Other Dynamics"?
View attachment 66064

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any way for me to tell the size of these images on the original website?
Which images? You need to be a bit more specific.

This original size of this image from the site is 1600px x 912px
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.12.59 AM.png

djdancer

Sam I was able to figure it out and finish the sliders. Thank you and everyone who helped me on this project!! I really do appreciate all the patience, help and advice that everyone has given to me. I'm sure it's so easy for all of you because you're creative and do this every day. For someone like me who comes into something like this every couple of years it's like starting all over again each time. They have a ruler add-on for Firefox so you can go in and measure anything you want in px. :)

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great! Give us a link so we can see your handiwork!

The FF ruler addon...........does it measure what you see on the webpage or the actual size of the image used for the webpage? There's a difference.