What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blurry image when inserted into psd

W96

Hi, I'm currently working on creating an advertisement in Photoshop cc. I created a logo in a separate psd and I would like to insert it into the advertisement. However when I use File>Place embedded or drag and drop then the quality of the logo I just placed lessens and is blurry when zooming in, including the words. Is there a way to insert the logo or any image while keeping the quality of the original image?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Are the advertising file and logo file in the same resolution?

W96

I'm not sure if it is, how would you check the resolution and change it if possible?

W96

For the ad i used a template from another image. I checked the file info and this is what it gave me:
Ad: image size: 564 x 496
Resolution: 72,00 pixel per inch

Logo: image size: 2480 x 2480
Resolution: 300,00 pixel per inch

Eggy

Retired Moderator
No need to change resolutions.
In the logo PSD save the logo file as a PNG in a location of your choice.
Open your template PSD and logo PNG and drag the logo PNG into the template PSD file.
Right click on the logo PNG and choose 'convert to smart object'
Since the logo file is huge compared to the template file your can now reduce the size of the logo PNG without quality loss. (Well, it should be...)