What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make color clouds (was: Textured Gradient Help)

Hey guys
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how to recreate something similar to what I have attatched.
Making gradients is easy, but I wanted to create something that had some sort of texture.
Thanks in advance
Max
misc-shadergrass-surreal.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I'm stuck on the use of the term gradient here. Not sure what your referring to. I do see tonal/hue gradations that make up the abstract, but are you referring to an actual color ramp or color progression that's more associated with a Ps gradient?

Like this..........
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 4.15.28 PM.png

Sorry man, reading back through I wasnt really clear.
I know how to produce what you attatched, thats not what I really wanted to do.
I was just wondering if there is a simple way to reproduce the patch-like style of the first attatchment.

Thanks
Max

Tom Mann

Guru
There are several ways to do this, but the simplest is to just use big brushes, medium hard, switching between several colors.

HTH,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are several ways to do this, but the simplest is to just use big brushes, medium hard, switching between several colors.
Agreed.

This is just a big cloud brush. I used some scattering, size and angle jitter. You could also play with blend modes, hardness, etc..
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 7.52.24 PM.png