What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lenny1998

hello guys.i am new in photoshop and i have some problems with this tutorial.please help me if you can it is so necessary.
https://blogof.francescomugnai.com/2008/06/tutorial-how-to-create-a-stunning-3d-effect-in-photoshop/

first,in step 2,how should i cut those parts so they become in that color?
second,in step 5,how should i do :"add a sprinkle of pink, and with the gradient tool (in Radial Mode) draw a soft edge glow."
then,step 8 ???!
if anybody can help please help me soon,its so necessary.thanks.:rolleyes:

gedstar

Guru
Step 2 make the selection with the magic wand tool and hit the delete key
Step 5 Not sure what he's talking about with the Radial Gradient bit
I just used the brush tool to paint in the colors
tut.jpg

Step 8 Did you download the brush?

Last edited:

lenny1998

thanks.really helpful.yeah i didnt understand anything from step 5 i better use the brush tool too .step 8 solved.thanks.you helped a lot .it was so necessary.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi lenny and welcome to PSG.

I have seen and done thousands of tutorials...............literally thousands............this is one of the worst tutorials I have ever seen!

The way the author tries to interject humor by his ridiculous references to "following a cooking recipe", along with the ridiculous amount of typo errors, this tutorial is tremendously confusing! He does not explain himself, as you have noticed in step 2! I also noticed that his second link to a custom brush in step 11 leads nowhere.

Since you have stated that you are new to Photoshop, I would highly suggest that you forget about this tutorial and try some that aren't so confusing and poorly explained. Not to mention that the end result is really pretty poor.

lenny1998

Hi and thank you...yeah,you're right...but although you say the end result is poor,i really liked the effect.so can you guide me to any similar effects that also have a good tutorial?thanks a lot for helping.