What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Color pic to B&W with detail

BadMoodMoose

I know it's a basic easy thing but how do I make something like this:
lead_large.jpg

To look relatively like this:
lead_large2.jpg

I'm sure it's easy but I have no idea what to even search for....

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to PSG.

This effect is seems to be a combination of the 'Black & White adjustment layer', the 'Poster Edges' filter, and a 'threshold adjustment layer'.

You can search

Photoshop Black and White cartoon effect

Photoshop ink drawing effect

Photoshop sketch tutorial

Hi BadMoodMoose -

Welcome to PSG. I love your user name. Fortunately, I've only seen a moose in a bad mood once in my life, and that was more than enough, LOL.

In addition to the suggestions already given, you should also skim through this old, closely related thread in our forum:

https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...099-help-sketch-effect-something-similar.html

In it, we go through about a dozen examples of the results of applying different pencil sketch and related filters to an image. The results range from almost continuous tone shading all the way to much higher contrast, pen-and-ink like effects. In almost all of the methods demonstrated, there is some means to adjust the final contrast, so you might find a look that you like among the effects shown.

Note that in my posts in that thread, the name of the effect being demonstrated is part of the file name of each image that I posted.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Tom M

Back