What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matching color to the layer underneath

Richard44

Hi all

first post.

I am am making a quiz and one of the rounds I have chosen is movie posters. I have removed all mention of title etc. but I have also replaced the faces to those of the people taking part in the quiz. Just for a bit of fun.

I have no no problems creating the layer to overlay the faces and using brush to erase and unnessary info around the face.

But the colour doesn't look right. Just wondering if there is a layer option to brush over the new face so that it retains the colour from the layer beneath it (ie the original film poster). Have tried match colour but doesn't seem overly great.

Im sure I experimented and found a way of doing this but frustratingly I can't remember how.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard

Richard44

Correct me if I'm wrong but what you actually want is swap or replace faces.
For that there's a quite simple procedure and no need for an overlay layer. The colors will adapt automatically.
Here's a tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5SGw8izxMY

Thank you you so much this is perfect. And worked......right up until the auto blend (the very last stage) when I realised that this is not in cs2 - hmmmm maybe it's finally time to upgrade. Cs6 is needed I think (though can't find it anywhere - may have to stump up and get on that damn Adobe cloud)

but out thanks for your HR,p - thus is a great tutorial

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Can't help you there, I started myself with CS6 and using CC2015.5.1 now for €12.09 a month.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You will not regret it!
Some amazing features waiting for you to be used!