What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustration mockups

Robbyjhb

Hello Guys

I am trying to make a illustration de bossing effect, I have managed to do the effect with three layers and grouped them. I would like the top most layer the spot where i change my logo without effecting the effects in the group below and i do not know how to do that. So in other words, if i double click my top layer i would like it to open in a new tab change the logo save and then it reflects in my mockup with the new logo placed. hope this makes sense.
Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Have you tried making your design/logo a smart object, then double click to open, then make your bossing changes, save file.

Robbyjhb

Thank you

What i done was converted all 3 logos(the ones below the group) to smart objects before i added the blending effects, then i duplicated the very bottom logo and removed the effects and made that my top most layer(the one highlighted in red), now tha did work with the effects ect... but it changes the angle of the new logo, i dont want the angle to change when i replace the new logo with the previous logo.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you look at there top layer you can replace with your logo on that layer by double clicking it and saving once edited. It will change the moustage logo to your logo. Thats the type of thing im trying to figure out.
YES!!!!!

It's exactly what I told you in post post #4!!!!

It was also exactly how it was explained in the tutorial I linked you with.

Let's say you have a logo
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.49.41 PM.png

Convert that logo into a Smart object.
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.50.01 PM.png

Now use Free Transform to alter the logo perspective to the way you want it to appear.
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.50.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.58.13 PM.png

Now make copies of the altered Smart Object layer.
(NOTE: I only made one copy}
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.53.47 PM.png

Place the copy/copies below your original and place them in a group.
(NOTE: I also added a white Background)
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.54.23 PM.png

Now, add your layer style changes to the copy/copies.
(NOTE: I only added a drop shadow)
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.54.56 PM.png

Here's what my canvas image now looks like.
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 6.02.50 PM.png
Now.......go back to the original Smart object layer and double click. This will open a PSB file. Make your changes.
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 6.05.24 PM.png

Save the file..
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 6.05.36 PM.png

AND TA DA!!! Just as I stated, and just like the video tutorial I linked you with, your logo is now updated!
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 6.05.44 PM.png

Robbyjhb

Okay thank you, I understand now, i just cannot open your attachments(which i would like to see). I get the below message.
[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator