What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transparent Background Help

abbey04

Hi

I want to make a shape in Photoshop - A circle filled with 2 colors and a wave structure cut into it. When i try to make the background transparent, the wave part is also getting transparent. I need help to keep it white only.
Please refer the attachments.
Attachment 1 - Shape I have created using Photoshop and saved into PNG format.
Attachment 2 - I made the background transparent and saved it as PNG format.
Required - Want the wave structure to have white color. Globe with 2 colors and a white wave and rest of the background as transparent.

Steps executed to get the above 2 files:-
1. Open a new file in RGB color mode with white background in Photoshop
2. Create a new layer > Use Eclipse tool and make a circle > Fill it with required color (Blue)
3. Copy the above layer > Fill it with different shade of Blue
4. Use rectangular marquee tool > Draw rectangle with 3/4th of circle > Press delete ------ Got Circle with 2 different colors > Press Ctrl + D
5. Create new layer > Use Rounded Rectangular tool (white color), draw a rectangle at the position where the 2 colors meet
6. Edit Menu > Transform Path > Warp. Create a wave by adjusting the shape > Use eraser to rub the lines of rounded rectangular wave shape ------ Got Circle with 2 colors and a wave
7. File Menu > Place > Select world image in attachment > Adjust size to fit to circle > Press Enter > In layers menu select Overlay. File Menu > Save for Web & Devices > Save as PNG file ----- Got Globe as in attachment 1
9. Open the PNG file obtained from Steps 1 to 8 in Photoshop > Copy Layer > Select the layer
10. Use Magic wand tool > Click on white background > Click on the EYE on 1st layer in the layer Menu > Press delete > Press Ctrl + D
11. File Menu > Save for Web & Devices > Save as PNG file ----- Got Globe as in attachment 2

I also tried making the shape starting with a transparent background. But then the edges of the wave shape and the image embedded do not become transparent.

Please help with this case. Please try and advice with detailed steps as I am a newbie and still learning Photoshop. Please let me know in case any other information is required.

Thank you.

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 2
  • h1.png
    h1.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
  • world.jpg
    world.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

unseenmagik

Hi.
I have filled this for you. PNG attached.

I simply created a circle of the same size, and added a new layer behind the globe and filled it with white.

with your instructions, a simple way would be to do step 3 again and make another layer and fill it with white.
make the image on a transparent background. make sure your copied white layer is behind the 2 blues.

h1_edit.png

Last edited:

abbey04

Hello Unseenmagik

I am sorry but can you please explain in more detail.
The image you sent is having a white background. I want it to be in a transparent background.

If I start with a transparent background. I get the attached image

Please advice. Thanks

Attachments

• TransparentBackground.png
    TransparentBackground.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

unseenmagik

Hello Unseenmagik

I am sorry but can you please explain in more detail.
The image you sent is having a white background. I want it to be in a transparent background.

Thanks

Hi. The image i have uploaded above is transparrent. click on the image and save as. You will see then the background is clear.
The websites post background is white, thats why it looks like it has a white background.

See below for example.

Capture.PNG

What i done was using the Eclipse tool to make a circle the same size as the original image, i filled it in white and added the layer behind (below) the original image.

2016-09-21 14_27_07-h1.png @ 103% (Layer 1 copy, RGB_8#) _.png

All you would have needed to do is follow your own instructions again but duplicate Point 3. Make the copy again and make the complete circle filled white.

abbey04

Wonderful Idea. I think I will be able to do it. Many thanks for the solution.
Is there any way i can make a circle of specific dimension like diameter = 10 units. So that when overlap the new circle it will be of the exact size.

Thanks again. :)

unseenmagik

Wonderful Idea. I think I will be able to do it. Many thanks for the solution.
Is there any way i can make a circle of specific dimension like diameter = 10 units. So that when overlap the new circle it will be of the exact size.

Thanks again. :)

yes of course, please see my image.

example.png

1. Select the circle tool
2. Select from the drop down option and choose fixed size
3. Enter the size you want
4. The just click on the page and Hey Presto your circle appears

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
abbey04 The Free Photoshop Request forum is NOT a help forum. It is a "do this for me" forum.

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum.