What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refine and Edge feature -Not able to get all view modes in the drop down

Manthan Maiya

Refine and Edge feature -Not able to get all view modes in the drop down
I am trying to use selection tool for editing a image and after doing that i am clicking on Refine and Edge button and in that in the view mode does not show me all the drop downs. is there a way to enable this from any settings.i am particularly looking at the option where we have the white and grey checks background

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

Did you click on the view drop down menu in view mode

Untitled.jpg

gedstar

Guru
What version of PS do you have and can you post a screen shot like the one I posted
You could also try resetting PS preferences
(Mac)

1. Double click on Adobe Photoshop’s icon.
  2. Holding down the Command, Option, Shift keysquickly
  3. When a dialog box appears, click Yes.
(Windows)

1. Double click on Adobe Photoshop’s icon.
  2. Holding down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift quickly
  3. When a dialog box appears, click Yes.

Manthan Maiya

Actually this is wierd. When i try holding Control +ALT+Shift after double clicking the icon it just opens the photoshop application. howere i attaching the screenshot of my problemcs2.pngcs6.png

MrToM

Guru
I don't understand what the problem is.

Both 'On White' and 'On Layers' are available to you....they are in the list.

Any option not available doesn't get included in the list, not simply 'greyed out', so if you can see it you can click it.

In fact, in your screen shot 'On Layers' IS selected and the result is being shown in the workspace....

...so what's the problem?

Regards.
MrToM.

Manthan Maiya

yes it is , but then it is selecting in the reverse or i am not able to select the image, only the layer is coming as you can see above