What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshopping an album cover

chef109

I would like to change the text on the cover of Bastille's Good Grief but have not found a font that's even similar. I've try to use font identifiers online but two fonts intersect each other and I cant figure out how to separate them. Here's a link to the picture.

Bastile_01.jpg

Thanks!

Rich54

Guru
If you want precisely the same font, I can't help you. But if close is good enough, there are many free font websites that have hundreds of decorative fonts. I like a site called DaFont.com. If you go there, they have a few dozen themes at the top of the page, and within each theme are tons of individual fonts. In the theme labeled Script, I selected 'Handwritten', and then quickly scrolled through their offerings and noticed a font called Youngblood, which has a very similar feel to the script text in your image. For the word Bastile, aside from the letter A, there is very little else going on that differs from dozens of ordinary sans-serif fonts except for the slight grunge effect. If it's the grunge that you like, go back into DaFont and look under the theme of Fancy>Destroy. Lots of fonts with a similar feel.

Edit: you say you can't separate the fonts in your image. If you try to select them based on color you should be able to pretty easily isolate the yellow of the script font. In Photoshop, click on Select>Color Range. Use the eyedropper to click on the yellow color of the script font and make a selection from that to copy the font onto its own layer.

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
here is a psd where I have put "good grief" on to a different layer. Just using select by color (as suggested by Rich54) and then reconstructing the letters beneth by using clone stamp.

View attachment bastille.psd

Cheers

John