What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please HELP! Radial Gradient Effect on Irregular Shape

imthestig

Hi,

17282165453_b5e4005a67_o.jpg
I've been doing this work on photoshop cs6. I'm unable to get the same gradient effect that you see in the pic. I've tried different gradient styles (linear, radial, diamond.....) and
gradient overlay. I'm not able to get that equally distributed effect around the shape. Can someone please help doing this? Thanks in advance!

You can also just hand-paint it.

This is just a simple shape, selected, than painted with a soft, low-opacity brush.

This gives you the ability to make portions of the shape darker or lighter.

Attachments

• gradient_2.jpg
    gradient_2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0

imthestig

Try layer style - Inner Glow

That's the option I'm looking for. Thanks for the help hawkeye! I'm trying the INNER GLOW option and I don't find the GRADIENT change option there. My inner glow page does not have that shown at all. Am I missing something? Many thanks.

EDIT: I got it now, thanks very much! Thank you thank you thank you! Thank you agentmoeller too for your suggestion! Really appreciate your help guys! :)

Last edited: