What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transforming perspective using a scale

Moteo McPenko

Dear all,

I have to deal with photos of soil sections taken from the surface, so that the vertical face is not perpendicular to the camera, but at an angle (in one plane only). I use a custom scale and the distort command in free transform to adjust the perspective as best as I can. However, I have a vertical scale on the photo and I wish I could use the points on it to transform the photo directly (the way it would be done in GIS software such as ArcView, by linking points on the photo to points on a grid or other shape). Is it possible to do something like that in Photoshop?

Thank you,
Dmitri
DSCN1551ed1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to PSG.

"(the way it would be done in GIS software such as ArcView, by linking points on the photo to points on a grid or other shape)"

Not familiar with this software.

Screenshots would help!

Hello!
I have added a sample photo. I have a measuring tape for scale on the photo and would like to transform the photo so that vertical distances on the measuring tape and on the photo were to scale. In Arcview I can set a vector shape and then associate points on the photo with points on the vector shape.

Back