What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing background - to make image look professional

oodya

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help. I have an image (please see attached) that I am looking to remove the background.

Does anyone have any ideas / thoughts on the best way to do this? I need to keep the lighting effect on each bulb showing.

I am thinking about using a Black background, but if anyone has any thoughts / ideas on how else I could make it look realistic, that would be appreciated.

I have a fair few images (same concept, but different angles etc), but once I get some ideas on this one, I can crack on with the rest.

Would it be better for me to use an uncreased backdrop instead?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Oodya

Attachments

• DSC_0669.JPG
    DSC_0669.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 2
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Just to clarify and so there's not a misunderstanding, are you needing to keep the light/reflected light that is being cast onto the background material?

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I think I would like the reflected light - as it would give a true reflection of the colour temperature of the bulb.

I'm guessing my best bet is to use a proper backdrop (uncreased)?

Thank you,

Oodya

I'm guessing my best bet is to use a proper backdrop (uncreased)?

I thought that 's what you intended.

Yes, if it's not so much trouble, another photo with the proper backdrop would probably be best. It would be very difficult to isolate the cast light, but we could try to simulate the effect if you want.

Hello IamSam,

That's great. I retook the photos on a proper backdrop and the results look great (just need some tweaks on Photoshop - but should be straightforward).

Thank you for your help - and keep up the good work!

Oodya

Back