What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My neck is problem

Bob Au

I looked at the picture of me when I saw the dark skin on the left of the neck.is problem Which method do I use?

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    83.7 KB · Views: 18

Tom Mann

Guru
To be honest, since you stated that the photo is of yourself, my suggestion would be to simply take another, better quality photo of yourself.

I realize that you posted only a cropped area from a much larger image, and that it is almost ceertainly one that has already been poorly edited by someone (and thereby turning these pixels oddly black). However, the quality of the image you posted is so dreadfully poor that I think you would be much, much happier if you started with a better image. No amount of Photoshop work is going to come close to the quality you would get from a better photo.

That being said, if, for some reason, you can't recreate this scene, and you absolutely are forced to work with this image, I would suggest "stealing" some good pixels from a similar area in the photo, paste them into this area, and then adjust the brightness, contrast, colors, etc. of the new pixels to be what you think these black pixels should really be. Then, once you get close, you can use tools such as the "patch" tool and/or the "healing" or "spot healing" brush tools to blend in the body of the repair, as well as its edges ( https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/healing-examples.html ).

In addition to matching the image qualities mentioned above, your biggest problem will be matching the patchy noise, JPG artifacts and other problems with even the lighter areas of this image. If you don't match this texture, the repair will stand out like the proverbial sore thumb.

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited: