What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with wrapping banner around Oval Shape

jmaurath

I have a long thin banner that I want to bend or rap around an oval shape to make the banner appear to be border for the oval how can I do this? tried Edit>Transform>Wrap but it had disastrous results

attached is a copy of my starting point, I want the black and gold banner to drape or wrap over the Oval

Attachments

• need help wrapping.jpg
    need help wrapping.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 8

MrToM

Guru
Just uploading a video for you...give me a min.

Regards.
MrToM.

EDIT:
YT is being a PITA as usual...first upload attempt failed, second is taking forever.

Bear with me....I'll get there eventually.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Right...third time lucky!

You shouldn't need to do the first bit as its just me getting to a point where I can start, but watch it anyway as you'll still need to create a shape.....unless your logo is already a shape.

I've used a 40px wide border but its just guesswork based on your image, if you use a different width then obviously you'll have to adjust the rest of the settings to suit.

NOTE that the black dots are spaced exactly half that of the yellow dots and in two places, this is to produce twice as many....then they are placed under the yellow dots layer.

Again, if you use different values then you'll have to adjust as needed....using half the spacing 'should' work for any value but its untested by me.

4:17 NO AUDIO

Any questions just ask.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MrToM Very........very.......clever solution mate! My hat's off! :clap:

Obviously the penguins have had a positive influence on your skills!

MrToM

Guru
Just a little extra info.

When you create the 'Black Dashes' make a note of the total spacing...(It doesn't matter what this is, you may get a different value, especially if you don't use a 40px border width)...

wrapping_border_MT_02.png

Use this to set the 'Gap' for the 'Yellow Dots'...

wrapping_border_MT_03.png

This will put a yellow 'dot' at the start of every black 'dash'.

Then divide this total spacing by 2 and use it twice for the 'Black Dots' gap value...

wrapping_border_MT_04.png

This will put a black 'dot' at the start AND end of every black 'dash'.

Once the layers are ordered correctly the unwanted black dots become hidden.

Regards.
MrToM.

jmaurath

After a lot of confusing searching and trying to replicate what you did I realized you have a newer version of photoshop than me. I'm still running version 11 so I don't have the option to do dotted Strokes.

Any other good Ideas? Any tips for using the warp tool?