What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need tips to paint manga

IvanSeter

I desire to paint with that realism and quality, i compare a picture of mine and other that i want to do exactly.

I tried it with ps cs6 but no result.

thanks guys.

dlyM2Wt7.jpg

Ivan,

Welcome to the forum. If you're trying to copy a certain style, I recommend sketching out a design, scanning or photographing that image, and then loading it into Photoshop on its own layer to be your sketching guide.

Agent

IvanSeter

Ivan,

Welcome to the forum. If you're trying to copy a certain style, I recommend sketching out a design, scanning or photographing that image, and then loading it into Photoshop on its own layer to be your sketching guide.

Agent

Hello, i do the lineart with paint tool sai and then i export is as .psd
Because it's kinda difficult for me drawing with pen.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I desire to paint with that realism and quality, i compare a picture of mine and other that i want to do exactly.

I tried it with ps cs6 but no result.
Hello and welcome to PSG.

This may depend on your definition of realism and quality. Most line art can be colored using selections filled with solid, gradients, or brushed coloration. In the second image you posted, all that was done was selections were made (probably the Pen Tool) and filled with solid colors. The dirt or scuff marks were made with the Brush Tool.

Here is an example of what I'm referring to.

Here is the selection of the hair in this manga line art.
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 9.07.13 PM.png

Here is that selection filled with a solid color.
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 9.07.25 PM.png

Here are some highlight detail selections made with the Pen Tool.
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 9.07.45 PM.png

And here are the highlight details filled with a solid color.
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 9.08.02 PM.png