What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you guys think of this image?

Tom Mann

Guru
Thank you. That's just what we wanted to know! So, basically, your company trains people to use CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, ANSYS, CADworks, and possibly analogous packages for CAM / CNC, etc. Presumably, whatever software you train students to use is not specific for jet engines, as you seemed to imply earlier, nor does your company sell jet engines.

The first thing I would suggest is that you search Google Images using the phrase, "CAD software training". This will give you ideas of what sort of illustrations similar training organizations are using for their advertisements. You may immediately get different ideas / directions by doing this.

If you have the legal right to use the left side component image appearing in you first post, then I would then suggest you play with it, superimposing appropriate, much more accurate text.

Throw out the RH side of your image, it has absolutely nothing to do with CAD/CAM training -- that's for IT / telecom use. Use that space for text without a jumbled, confusing, irrelevant background.

Here are two versions I quickly came up with -- one dramatic, the other softer and more similar to your original color & tonality scheme.

HTH,

Tom M

Attachments

• Training-other-tjm01-ps01a-01_dramatic.jpg
    Training-other-tjm01-ps01a-01_dramatic.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 4
  • Training-other-tjm01-ps01a-02_softer.jpg
    Training-other-tjm01-ps01a-02_softer.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 3
Thank you. That's just what we wanted to know! So, basically, your company trains people to use CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, ANSYS, CADworks, and possibly analogous packages for CAM / CNC, etc. Presumably, whatever software you train students to use is not specific for jet engines, as you seemed to imply earlier, nor does your company sell jet engines.

The first thing I would suggest is that you search Google Images using the phrase, "CAD software training". This will give you ideas of what sort of illustrations similar training organizations are using for their advertisements. You may immediately get different ideas / directions by doing this.

If you have the legal right to use the left side component image appearing in you first post, then I would then suggest you play with it, superimposing appropriate, much more accurate text.

Throw out the RH side of your image, it has absolutely nothing to do with CAD/CAM training -- that's for IT / telecom use. Use that space for text without a jumbled, confusing, irrelevant background.

Here are two versions I quickly came up with -- one dramatic, the other softer and more similar to your original color & tonality scheme.

HTH,

Tom M

Thanks for the reply Tom! How did you achieve the effect shown on the first image?

Tom Mann

Guru
Selected the blue background and forced it to black;

Selected the engine and applied curves, vibrance/sat, and other adjustment layer type tools only to the engine; and, finally,

Added the text.

That being said, IMHO, the most important aspect is having a terse, accurate description of the services you offer so the ad will immediately (ie, on a 1 second first glance) attract people that have a high probability of enrolling.

Cheers,

Tom M