What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transparent the black area

active

Hello,

I want to select the green vertical lines and want to use in my textures but when this effect is created it created the black area as background with it.
I don't know how to separate it.
Please see the video and help me!

Best Regards,
M.Aqib

Here are the videos.

active

It didn't go very well but it's okay, I can work it out :p

Attachments

• Turned out something like that.png
    Turned out something like that.png
    789.7 KB · Views: 26

active

It's about the selection if someone could help me, I am 3d Artist and super newbie in texturing!
I want to select the whole line, it's not extending the box instead it's moving the box, holding Shift, Ctrl and Alt doesn't help!

Thankful :)

fredfish

Guru
Firstly I would suggest retrying #Gedstars option but this time using color range to select the black and deleting it (I got a better result doing that).

Secondly to address your issue regarding extending the selection - once you have a selection click on the Selection menu item and choose "Transform Selection". Also if you make sure that the "Add to selection" option is selected you can add more and more bits to your selection without loosing your original selection.

Cheers

John

active

Firstly I would suggest retrying #Gedstars option but this time using color range to select the black and deleting it (I got a better result doing that).
John

I googled #Gedstars option for Photoshop but haven't found anything, Please can you explain further more..

Thanks!