What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gurus help requested

balavalli

Hi Gurus.i need an expert advice or a tutorial .As am trying to create a scene using some lamps etc.. The original color of the lamp is lemon yello and i want to change the color to white.I tried Black and white layer style option .But its only showing gray color not the white color.I even tried to play with the hue and saturation etc.. with out any luck so am posting it here for the experts help.Please kindly help me sort out the issues.Thanks in advance. Am attached the original picture , My attempt psd as well for your convenience.

This is the original Lamps :
original.png

This is My attempt so far :

my_effort.png

This is Layered PSD :

View attachment lamps.psd

balavalli

ok i think channel mixer does the trick for me ? Also kindly how you gurus achieve or fix this sorta of issues .

u.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I opened the image and then made a duplicate. The duplicate was named 'layer 0 copy'.

Go to your Channels Panel and observe individual channels to see which one is white.

For these lamps, the Red Channel works best.

Now go to IMAGE > APPLY IMAGE

Set your Layer to 'layer 0 copy'
Set your Channel to Red.
Set your Blending mode to normal.
Set your opacity to 100%.
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 11.42.02 PM.png

Yellow lamps are now White lamps.
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 11.42.35 PM.png