What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for tips or guidance for creating a poster

derrotebaron

I am looking to create a 24x36 poster in PS for my daughter in which I want to paint around 5 Les Paul guitars (all different colors) with guitar tabs for songs as the background. My question is how do I make sure I set the guitars at a proper image size that will scale to the poster size of 24x36?

I'm creating each Les Paul guitar as it's own layer and then placing the layer in the poster. Once I have them all set I'll them merge the layers for printing. I just want to make sure the guitars are at the proper image size within the poster (not too big and more importantly, not too small).

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thx,
Jeff

derrotebaron

Thx for the reply.

I plan on using the guitar tab (inserted below) as the background.

Crazy+Train.jpeg

Then I am going to paint 5 Les Paul guitars (like below - changing the color each time) and stack them one above the other with some space between each guitar (I plan on using guides to help space them). As you asked, how big should each guitar appear on the poster? I assume after I'm done painting each guitar I can free transform each guitar to the same appropriate size on the poster? I'm assuming it's WYSIWYG as what I see on screen (image size wise) is what will be printed out for the final image. Just want to make sure the image size for the guitars are correct before printing the poster.

Blueberry+Burst+Les+Paul.jpeg

Thx