What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS CC opens image in crop mode each time

Mars1954

Hi would anybody be able to help me figure out why every time I open and image in PS CC it opens in crop mode by default it drives me crazy what am I missing that it is doing this Thank you for any help
Alan

gedstar

Guru
Hi Alan and Welcome to PSG

PS CC will always open with the last tool that you selected before exiting! so if you close PS with the Crop Tool selected it will open with that tool, if on the other hand you have another tool selected before exiting and it's still opening with the Crop Tool.
2 things you could try

Reset Tools
Untitled.jpg

Failing that you could try resetting PS preferences, depending on the version you have you can either
Untitled1.jpg

Or the old school way
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Last edited:

Mars1954

Thank you the reset all tools that you suggested did it!

Alan

Last edited: