What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water effect similar to this picture

trog

Hello,

I need to find a similar Photoshop effect as the one found in this stock photo:
can-stock-photo_csp6402531.jpg
Do you guys happen to know how can I achieve this kind of effect?
Thank you in advance

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I think this is just a water texture image that has been maniped with the Liquify filter.

Before...
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.51.53 PM.png

After Liquify filter....
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.53.10 PM.png

trog

Hi Sam, thank you very much for your reply. I'll try that. I'm just starting to understand how the filters work.
I need to make a similar stream of water flowing, but using only 3 colors (none of them blue). I'll see what I can do and report back.

fredfish

Guru
In addition to using the liquify filter as iamsam suggests try also adding the "Plastic Wrap" filter (founder the Artistic section of the "Filter Gallery").

You will need to have worked carefully with liquify first to get a decent start image.

Cheers

John

trog

Thank you, fredfish. Those are excellent filters. I played around with the Plastic Wrap after Liquify and it really helped a lot, I'm definitely using them.
But I'm still not quite there yet.
TEYa97b.jpg

I need to reduce the number of colors somehow. I tried 'Posterize', but it looked weird. Maybe the image I chose doesn't have enough contrast.
Any suggestions?