What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Select and Mask

Pipsmom

Guru
Is it me or does anyone else find after selecting out a part on a imagine then go to select and mask in 2017 PS that it never does a really good job keeping the mask where you want it to be around the edges when you return back.....
Frustrating going back and forth trying to find a happy place using this feature. I have used refined edge before and it was spot on..but this feature is driving me around the bend some days.

gedstar

Guru
You can still get the old Refine Edge back in Photoshop CC2017
What you need to do is make your selection with the quick selection tool or tool of your choice and then go to Select and Shift click on Select and Mask, you have to do this from the menu otherwise it won't work.

Select and Mask is not the best tool and can be very difficult to work with sometimes, I rarely use it and prefer other methods for making selections

Here some tutorials for Select and Mask
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+select+and+mask

Last edited: