What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing liquid colour in bottle

Beermonster

I have a picture of a bottle of paint and I want to change the paint colour, I've tried hue/saturation and colour replace, both do the job but I need to be able to pick the colour from a colour chart, and those 2 options only let me use a slider

Rich54

Guru
Will this work for you?

1. Duplicate your paint bottle on its own layer and change it to B&W using Image>Adjustment>Black&White
2. Add a Solid Color adjustment layer above the B&W image. Change the layer blend mode to Color.
3. Go into the Solid Color adjustment layer and change the color to be anything you want.

I did these steps in the image below, changing the red paint to green paint. A bit of green appears in the bottle cap, but that can easily be masked away.

paint.jpg

Beermonster

Its ok i think ive found it, it seems to work but i can't pick from another picture, but at least i can add the picture in to my current one.

Thanks for your help

Beermonster,

Usually, if you have an image open in Ps, anytime you are in a color-picking option mode, and you move your cursor to the desired color on an image, the cursor turns into a tear-dropper, and you can click to select that color.

Agent

Double click the solid color fill adjustment layers icon/thumbnail. This will open the color picker.
View attachment 71318

In Sam's example, if you have another image file open at the same time, and after clicking on the thumbnail, you can move your mouse over the desired color on the other image, click once, and the color picker will select that color.

See below.

Attachments

• illo.jpg
    illo.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 9