What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific image blurring and shadowing.

gharsul

Hello dear users of Photoshop Gurus forum!
This is my first post, I am deeply sorry about the fact that my first post is a post wich asks for help and guidance :(
I just started learning photoshop recently, having a lot of fun with it, but I reached a point where I cannot find the solution for my problem.
How can I achieve such specific blur and shadowing like in the image below? It feels like the Tom's muzzle and a little bit of his mouth isn't blurred and then the blur spreads in outer circle.

Attachments

• tom.png
    tom.png
    326.9 KB · Views: 18

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is my first post, I am deeply sorry about the fact that my first post is a post wich asks for help and guidance :(
Don't be, that's what we are here fro!

gharsul said:
I just started learning photoshop recently, having a lot of fun with it, but I reached a point where I cannot find the solution for my problem.
How can I achieve such specific blur and shadowing like in the image below? It feels like the Tom's muzzle and a little bit of his mouth isn't blurred and then the blur spreads in outer circle.
This appears to be a Radial Blur.

Go to FILTER > BLUR > RADIAL BLUR adjust the center of rotation by clicking and dragging. Adjust the amount of blur rotation.
Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 2.29.09 PM.png

gharsul

Oh you're right! I am very thankful IamSam! I was trying the radial blur already but I messed up with some options at the first try. I guess the shadows from the left side of the image I posted are coming because of the blur, is there a good way to add such shadow by an option or I can just put some dark brush at low opacity in the corners and blur it then?

Argos

Guru
I was trying too, seeing the door i descarted radial. i tried iris blur to get the focus point but still stuck on the double vision effect.

5228_76661.jpg5228_7666123.jpg

gharsul

Any hints towards shadowing the image with shadows coming from the background onto the image? I just want to make the character in the image more pissed and angry and I think some shadows can help in applying such expression.