What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get this photoshop image on a transparent background?

greenLight

I've been following this tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlqEgl1KP2M and I managed to get a nice final result but I would like to have this on a transparent background instead of black.
I have also tried to work on a transparent layer in the first place and make an additional black layer so I can remove it in the end but the result was not the expected one.

I have attached my .psd file below.

Attachments

• abstractSmoke2.psd
    8 MB · Views: 5

bbq_bob

Did you still want the black in the smoke, or should it be transparent too? If it is the latter, is this what you want?
abstractSmoke2.png
I did this by turning off the red and blue color layer. This made white smoke over a black background. I stamped visible, and then used that as a mask to the red & blue color layer. You may need to bump the brightness of the mask to get the color back as vivid as the original.

I'm sure the experts have a better way. I'm new at this too.

Last edited: