What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie need turtorial how to swap face into a gif pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason520

How to swap face into this gif, I need a tutorial , thank you in advance.

73P9GB copy.jpg

Attachments

• scom-(1).gif
    scom-(1).gif
    484.1 KB · Views: 29

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,

You really can't swap a static or still image for the moving frames of a GIF.

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.19.48 AM.png

There are 15 motion frames in the GIF. Notice that the girl in the GIf is moving and changing her facial expressions, you would have to do a swap on all 15 frames

You could swap the eyes and nose. If you swap the mouth, then it would be the same in all 15 frames. You would end up with a GIF of the girl just shaking her head.

If this were the only face swap you did on frame 1,
it would not stay the same for the rest of the frames.
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.38.53 AM.png

The swap would have to be moved in each frame.
Here's what the frame 1 swap would look like in frame 12 if you don't swap, move, and merge all 15 layers.
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.39.22 AM.png

You could just copy and paste the edited face (I would use a layer mask) in order to change each frame. Then I would merge the new face with the old face in each frame.

Here are some tutorials on face swapping: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Phtoshop+face+swap

Last edited:

jason520

First, thank for your briefly explanation IamSam, my problem is after i use mask or auto blend to swap face into first frame then i merge two face (two layer) as your explanation, i save file as a gif but my gif now turn into a still image , no motion, even if i only use Ctrl T to swap face, i often use autoblend to swap face because i dont know how to math skin tone ,what should i do IamSam? Thank you again IamSam

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First, thank for your briefly explanation IamSam, my problem is after i use mask or auto blend to swap face into first frame then i merge two face (two layer) as your explanation, i save file as a gif but my gif now turn into a still image , no motion, even if i only use Ctrl T to swap face
Sorry, You seem to have misunderstood me. You can't just swap FRAME 1..................you have to swap all the frames, then save as a GIF file! Please re-read my previous post. The two examples I provided were to demonstrate that you have to swap all 15 frames and MOVE each swapping to match the original girl in the GIF...............who is moving.

You merge each swap in each frame.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe this will help.

Here I have only swapped frame 1. I then saved the file. (Save for web.......GIF)

See how the swapped face does not move with the original? You have to swap all 15 frames.

scom-(2).gif

jason520

yep, copy face, swap to first frame, merge two layer, copy again until last frame, then save as gif, finally it stand like a statue, the original gif stop motion too, and the swapped face stay still too, :cry:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure what could be going wrong. I'm sure it could be something I'm forgetting to tell you about.

Is it possible for you to upload your psd file to a hosting site and provide a link for download?

In the meantime, I will try a few frames to see if I can figure out what your doing wrong.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, I did a real fast test and it seems to work.

Try NOT merging the layers to see if that helps.

scom-(3).gif

This is what my layers panel looks like.
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 8.22.04 PM.png

It's hard to explain but you click on frame 1 in the Timeline..........there will be just one corresponding layer (layer 1) for that frame. If I add the new face swap layer to frame 1, then there will now be two layers corresponding to frame 1.

When I click on frame 2 in the Timeline, it should now correspond to layer 2...........and a new face swap copy layer. If any other layers are active (like frame 1) turn them off. And so on.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Merging the layers works also. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You doing everything right. You just need to work on positioning and blending the face swap on each frame. I find that lowering the opacity of the face swap layer allows you see through to the girl in the original GIF and position it much more accurately.

Good job!

jason520

yep, but after i save as a gif, it stand still, no motion at all :question:

Attachments

• scsdd?om-(1).gif
    scsdd?om-(1).gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 8

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your PSD file works fine when saved as a GIF file.............

TEST_01.gif

How are you trying to save as a GIF? Are you using save for web?

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 6.04.37 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Quote from post #15.....................

IamSam said:
How are you trying to save as a GIF? Are you using save for web?

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 9.12.21 PM copy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.