What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force an image to be only black, white, and grey.

Rikiron

I have no idea what I'm doing to start. I have an image that I need to be only one shade of black one shade of white and one shade of grey. I'm not good with photoshop. I have a hard time working paint. If I need to explain better or something please let me know. Thanks for any help.

MrToM

Guru
I thought the same...

posterize_MT_01.png

1. Add a 'Black and White' adjustment layer.
2. Add a 'Posterize' adjustment layer.
3. Set 'Levels' to 3

Regards.
MrToM.

Rikiron

I don't know how to exactly explain what I want. I can try what you are saying when I get home. What I need to be able to do it's the picture is zoom all the way in and have clean lines. Not the fuzzy blending thing it does.

MrToM

Guru
@Eggy

I guess we both suck at Photoshop. :rofl:

In that case do you mean the Anti-Aliasing?

AA_MT_01.png

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
I suspect pointing us to an example of something similar to what you are after would help no end.

Cheers

John

Rikiron

I make inlays out of chainmaile. Each pixel counts as one ring. I don't have a lot of colors to choose from. Aliasing? I'll have to google that. In paint when I draw a black line then zoom it. It fades from black in the center to different shades of grey. I'm asking if there is a way to get rid of the fading, and if there is a way I can make the edit the image to only be certain colors. I appreciate the help. If you want to be understand what you are saying you may have to break it down for simple minded people.