What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop help!!

Tal

Hello everyone!
I have been fighting with photoshop and searching Google trying to find an answer to my problem. I have a photo and I am trying to make frequency layers and every time that I try to put a gaussian blur on a layer it keeps affecting EVERY layer, above and below. I can't seem to find the answer online; nothing I have found is working. I have tried grouping, clipping, etc. I don't know if I accidently changed some sort of setting or what happened. I tried making an adjustment instead of a filter and even the adjustment is changing every layer that I have. This didn't happen previously to today. Anyone have any suggestions?

fredfish

Guru
Any chance you can upload a screen shot of your layers panel?

FWIW - I would be using clipping for this (which you mention you have tried) - in addition I would convert the layer to a smart object first as well, this allows you to go back and make adjustments later.

Cheers

John

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

You could also try resetting PS preferences

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop