What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i do this !

Jorge Monteiro

Hi guys, first post here so sorry if it is in the incorrect place, im new to photoshop and im want to create a facebook cover similar to the one i have attached, i can add the picture to the canvas but how do you cut it in the curved format and add the 2 curved features to it. many thanks in advance.

Jorge

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    722.1 KB · Views: 5

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

There are several ways to do this type of effect. This is one of the simplest ways I can think of to make it easy.

Set up guidelines.

Start with your rectangle. Color does not matter at all.
Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 10.26.20 PM.png

On a new layer, use the Pen Tool and add the dark blue layer first.
Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 10.26.32 PM.png

On a new layer, use the Pen Tool and add the light blue layer. Make it different than the dark blue layer.
Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 10.26.39 PM.png

On a new layer, use the Pen Tool and add the black layer. (color doesn't matter) Make it different than the dark or light blue layers.
Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 10.26.48 PM.png

On a new layer, import, copy , or move the image you would like to appear in the black area. Right click the image layer and select create clipping mask or hover your cursor between the two layers while holding down the alt/option key, you will see the cursor turn into a box with a black angled arrow pointing down, then click.

This is what the image will look like clipped to the black layer.
Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 10.26.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 10.39.11 PM.png

Then you can make selections of the green area and clip images to them as well.