What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how make this shadow text effect

green369

HI Friends,

here is my request can any one tell me how to acheive this shadow effect under the text below the letters as i was new one to photoshop can any one tell is this effect can be created in illustrator and how it can be done? please help me how to do this. waiting for your reply

Thanks

Green

Attachments

• as.jpg
    as.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 23

Rich54

Guru
Here are the steps to do it in Photoshop (I don't know how to use Illustrator):

1. On a new layer, create the text using the light gray color of the shadow.
2. Copy the text to a new layer. Activate the Move tool and, with the Arrow keys, move the text two clicks left and two clicks up.
3. Copy that text again to a new layer and, once again, move it two clicks left and two clicks up.
4. Repeat this process six or seven more times until you build-up the three-dimensional effect.
5. On the final layer, change the text color to blue.

Here's what I got by following these steps. In your example, it looks like a texture filter (possibly 'canvas') was applied. This filter or any other effect is optional.

text.jpg

Last edited: