What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjusting The Free Transform Tool To Image

gaspower

Hello,
I appreciate any help. I use a much older version of Photoshop CS4 ver 11, and use PS at its minimal. But what works perfect for what I need. I take images of dishware, and in the past I used to be able to take a image of a dinner plate, initiate the Elliptical Marquee tool to a random size, then initiate the Transform Tool and stretch the Elliptical mark to match the outer edge of the dinner plate. Then I would inverse the selection and cut out around the plate to white in color. Now when I do this process, and I use the Transform Tool, it is now actually stretching the plate itself and not just resizing the Marque dotted edge?? Did by accident, I turn on or off a feature?

Thanks Jr

gaspower

Hello,

That was it. Thank you so much. I thought in the past I just clicked ctrl + T? By chance is there a shortcut to the transform selection?

Thanks Jr