What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uniform Lighting

Jerry D

Power User
Recently someone posted an image in the free section and asked for uniform lighting...

playbill-org.jpg

I experimented with it to see if I could improve it at all. Tried >Shadows/Highlights<, and that washed out the faces and darker colors, I put
that layer under the orginal and tried masking and bringing up the shadows just on the faces. There was lots of color bleed from the background
and I tried to correct some of that, too.

What would you do to correct this? Is it even possible since the light is so strong from the side?

My experimenting...

playbill-edit.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
It is nearly impossible to get rid of the strong light from the right but you can reduce it.
One way is what you've done, the other way is using 'tone curve' in camera raw.

Untitled-1.jpg

your original ...................................................................................................................................................................................................... camera raw tone curve

playbill-edit.jpg playbill-edit camera raw.jpg

It is kind of flat but you can change hue/saturation and add some sharpness...

Argos

Guru
or maybe trying to change the entire ilumination,trying to match studio ilumination... of course risky, alot of work and result not guaranteed XD.

Fast example.

playbill-edit camera raw3.jpg

Cheers!

Jerry D

Power User
or maybe trying to change the entire ilumination,trying to match studio ilumination...

But how would you go about doing that? I don't gotta clue....

Argos

Guru
Well for the fast example i used lighting effect ( i dont know if it's called that way in english version) the filter that allows you to put your own lightning scheme adding diferent types of spotlights.

But to do it right i thing it requires lighting correction in every individual aswell.