What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bevel&Emboss effect on silhouette *HELP*

moshepherds

Hey everyone, Thanks for swinging by my thread!

I have been working on a design that will go on a sign for the company I work for. I had followed some tutorials for what I have so far. I have to say, I am pretty happy with how it is turning out!

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 5.27.26 PM.png

I really like the gold letters, now i just have to add a dog. I want to add a silhouette that matches the text. Here is the silhouette I am using:

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 5.27.37 PM.png

I am having an issue getting the effect I am looking for. i want it to look like it's etched out of gold, but here is what I am getting instead, and it does not look right to me:

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 5.39.50 PM.png

The silhouette does not appear to mat the text, and just looks a bit funky. I somebody can help me get the desired effect I will v=be forever grateful. Or, any advice on a different way to insert a dog into the graphic will be appreciated as well.

Thanks!