What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop - App Development Issue

cackland

Hi Guys,

Hoping anyone can help.

I've designed an GUI in Photoshop with the dimensions 1820 x 600 on a MacBook Retina (This was set 100% viewing). The exported files states it is those dimensions, however when I gave it to my software developer, it came back much larger, almost twice the size and off the screen.

It was exported as a normal PNG, using quick export for all the components.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 9.51.28 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've designed an GUI in Photoshop with the dimensions 1820 x 600 on a MacBook Retina (This was set 100% viewing). The exported files states it is those dimensions, however when I gave it to my software developer, it came back much larger, almost twice the size and off the screen.
Please explain what you mean when you say "it came back much larger"? What was done to or with the file while at the developers?

cackland

Please explain what you mean when you say "it came back much larger"? What was done to or with the file while at the developers?

Well it came back 2 x larger.

My developer found out that for retina apps, he needs to scale down the PNG images I sent him to 50%. Do you know if Adobe supports Retina displays for export?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you know if Adobe supports Retina displays for export?
Not sure what your asking here.

What was the resolution in PPI of the original GUI image you exported? It should have been 72 PPI. It should not matter. Any file created in photoshop, no matter what the screen resolution of the monitor it is created on, should remain the same. If you sent the image 1820 x 600, then that's the size it is. You will have to ask your developer why they increased it's size.

Another option is that I'm totally not understanding your problem.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here is a PNG file that is 1820 x 600 pixels. The res is set to 100.

It was created on a 27" Retina Display iMac and Ps CC2017

Click on the image and download it and see what you get in Photoshop.
TEST1820x600.png