What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help!!

Debdeb

Hi
I am a complete novice.

I bought photoshop because I thought I could design a welcome poster for my son's wedding next week. (after trying to design online & getting rubbish, expensive, results).

Probably sounds easy to everyone on here. But I am so struggling! I've been Youtubing for days!!

My hope was to replicate the attached (Obviously with different names, date, etc). 45 x 65 cm.
I'm really loving playing with photoshop & I will 100% master this in time, but I need to get this printed, like... tomorrow! So, clearly don't have time.

Can anyone help me with this please?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    714.8 KB · Views: 3

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to PSG

Seems a bit strange that you would leave wedding posters until the last minute, that been said do you want the image you provided with names and date added?
Here's a blank version of what you provided

View attachment 73248

P.S. if you ever master PS 100% I think you will be the first :rofl:

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
P.S. if you ever master PS 100% I think you will be the first :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Amen! :eek:

Debdeb

Thanks so much for your reply.
I know it seems like I've left this until last minute, but I've been working on this for months! I have designed posters-on-line and had them printed & delivered, but they just don't look quite right.
I have produced stuff in 'word' but it didn't print well.
This is why I decided to try it myself in photoshop, but I'm really struggling. If I had more time, I know I could do this.
Otherwise, it'll be writing it on a blackboard.

I would need names & dates added: Emma & Scott. 14th April 2017, 45 x 65cm

If you can help me with this, it would be amazing.

Debdeb

Can you please tell me how you managed to do this?
i wish I had more time to study the tutorials

gedstar

Guru
Can you please tell me how you managed to do this?
i wish I had more time to study the tutorials

Just opened the image you supplied, made a selection inside the black triangle and copied that to a new PSD file with size of 45 x 65cm, converted the copied image to a smart object and resized to fit the new PSD file.
Then created a new rectangle using the rectangle tool with no fill and a stroke set to about 40px
Then made a selection of the names and date and used content aware fill to remove same.

Debdeb

That is absolutely brilliant.
Thank you so much.
I am going to follow your instructions and practice too!