What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody have any Idea of how to get this effect?

r3d5tar

Hey so I came across this image, and I thought it was a cool effect. Being inexperienced in photoshop it has me pretty stumped as to how they got this effect.

main.jpg

The glossy effect on the faces is specifically what I am looking at. Not only that but the colour change as well. I was wondering If anyone knew a way to recreate this translucent and glossy effect?

fredfish

Guru
This is likely an image created on multiple layers. The glossy effect will probably have been the result of some graduated layers blended with different layers using a combination of different blend modes and layer opacity.

The translucent effect is easier to explain. It is most likely the top layer being laid over a background and then either having the overall opacity reduced until the desired effect achieved or using layer masks at different intensities or again using blend modes - most likely a combination of all 3.

Have a look at some tutorials about Blend Modes, Opacity and Masking - just go to google and use these terms followed by "Photoshop tutorial" and you should get plenty of food for thought - eg "blend modes Photoshop tutorial".

Cheers

John

r3d5tar

Thanks for the info, I will keep doing some digging but thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards, Eric

fredfish

Guru
No problem Eric. If you still don't quite get it come back and ask some more questions.

Cheers

John