What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question in regards to removing notebook lines from drawing [NOT BLUE LINES]

GiovanniPiris

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum and just got finished posting in the introduction thread, so I figured that it'd be ok to go ahead and submit a quick question to the experts on here!

I have a bit of a juicy challenge - I have a very complex drawing that I did on lined paper (it was a spontaneous drawing, was not planned), and would like to see if there's a way to remove the lines from this particular drawing. The big challenge comes in the fact that the lines are black - the same color as the ink used for the drawing. I've done a bit of digging online and have only found tutorials to remove lines that are blue in color, through hue saturation and levels adjustments. I've included a small snippet of the drawing below as a reference:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 9.36.28 PM.png

Now, I'm not sure if this is even necessarily possible to do in Photoshop alone. I've tried to go ahead and re-trace the drawing using a light box, but found that the drawing was far too complex to duplicate through tracing. At this point I'm considering simply using a white fine point marker, drawing over select line points, then masking other lines that are more entrenched/unnoticeable within the drawing itself. However, if there is a way to remove these lines through Photoshop that would result in a cleaner final product and that would save time, I'd much rather opt for that route.

If anyone has any insights / guidance I would greatly appreciate it!

Anything is possible! I figured I'd go ahead and ask on here as one last resort before redrawing/scanning with the white fine point marker.

Thanks guys!

-Giovanni

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Just use the Brush Tool. May be a lot of work but it's easily done.
Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 9.36.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 9.38.05 PM.png