What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to figure out this silky/cloudy/smokey effect

boynamedtracy

There seems to be a new trend with colorful silky clouds (or smoke) effect I've been trying to figure out how to pull off...any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

easter_3things_webbanner.jpg

I downloaded some cloud brushes and smoke brushes but there seems to be something else going on to get the depth of color.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

These are actually photos of colored ink in water. I'm not sure if there's anyway to simulate the effect in Photoshop. You could use cloud and smoke brushes or custom make one from an existing ink photo, but I just don't know if it will look the same. I've seen this effect done in After Effects.

boynamedtracy

Thanks. That's really what I'd like to end up with ... doing it in After Effects ... guess maybe I should have started there. The first time I saw this effect was in a video.