What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What style is this?

carlholcomb

Don't mind the crappy job, I'm new to the whole experience.

I have spent days searching for this style/design of photos with no luck, so I decided to attempt to do it myself and post to ask what this is called.

Here are the before and after images. I do not own the image.

thequeen.jpgthequeen.png

I cut out a piece of the image, added a faded border, and adjusted the contrast and light levels in each slice. Then layered the slice back over, and repeated.
What is this called? What title would someone upload a picture like this under, or how would I request this type of work from a professional?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Please understand that I'm trying to help. Your workflow description and the after image do not provide much in the way of helping us to answer your question. There may not be a specific name for the technique. If we understood what your were trying to do, then maybe we could offer some advice.

Please try and explain yourself better or find an image that has the effect or one as close to the desired effect that you can find. That would really help.

This style or look goes right back to the beginnings of the hippie period of the 1960s.

Bohemian, Gypsy, Vagabond, Indie.

carlholcomb

I'm referencing the the layers of the image that have different contrasts or saturation. The before image is the original, the second image is the one I shopped.

I'm looking for an effect similar to if someone had a filter lens over only part of the camera lens. I made slices of picture with different black and white levels, and different levels of blur to simulate layers of glass placed randomly over a physical photograph.

I just want to know what this effect is called.

examples of names of different photoshop techniques/effects (multiple exposure, film grain, depth of field, vintage etc...)