What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to isolate all colors except the black colors on this pattern?

Coffee_Girl

First off, I just want to thank you for taking a look at this.

I'm not great with photoshop (I can only use the paint tool)... how can I turn the brown areas pure white and only leave the black words and lines? I tried to use the paint tool to "paint" the brown areas white but it takes hours! Any possible way to change only the brown paper so when i print out this piece it doesn't print the brown part (the part of the paper).

I hope i am being clear, I don't know the technical words...basically I just want the black texts and black lines without the brown paper colors (make it white instead)...someone please teach me...=[
example.jpg

fredfish

Guru
Something like this?

Untitled-1.jpg

If so it is a 10 second job by adding a levels adjustment layer and dragging the right hand slider to the left.

Untitled-2.jpg

Cheers

John

MrToM

Guru
...HA! I just did the same thing on Shanghai Tower!!! Classic!...
So you did! :thumbsup:

I noticed though that you didn't have the B&W as an adjustment layer....is there any specific reason for that?

It keeps a layer out of the layers panel, which is always a good thing, but just wondered if there was any other benefit besides tidiness?

Regards.
MrToM.

So you did! :thumbsup:

I noticed though that you didn't have the B&W as an adjustment layer....is there any specific reason for that?

It keeps a layer out of the layers panel, which is always a good thing, but just wondered if there was any other benefit besides tidiness?

Regards.
MrToM.

Sorry for the delay.

It is, in fact, for tidiness.

I think it's a product of my workflow habits.

I very often duplicate the image layer of a photo (for work purposes) and work on the copied layer, instead of piling up layer masks.

Agent

MrToM

Guru
...It is, in fact, for tidiness...
LOL....fair enough!

I know what you mean about habit, I often do the same thing regardless of whether its needed or not.....this was one of those rare moments where I actually didn't duplicate the original....its only adjustment layers so no need...and I remembered! :rofl:

Thanks for the reply....very much appreciated.

Regards.
MrToM.