What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with "Sin city"effect in glasses and bible

Saarthal viking

I wondered if anyone here knows how to make the effect on the glasses of kevin and the cross in the bible, from the movie Sin city

Hello people, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to make the effect on the glasses fo kevin and the cross in the bible, from the movie "Sin city" like the picture thanks!

Kevin-Sin-City.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to the forum

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't just a case of selecting the glasses and cross and filling with white, but that effect is already done in the image, so can you explain in more details what it is you're after

View attachment 74408

Saarthal viking

Hi and welcome to the forum

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't just a case of selecting the glasses and cross and filling with white, but that effect is already done in the image, so can you explain in more details what it is you're after

View attachment 74408

I think about doing that before but I will give you another example of what Im looking for
Kevs.jpg
as you can see in the picture the glasses have a little bit of reflection in white, its another effects besides the selection and fill with white

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think about doing that before but I will give you another example of what Im looking for
View attachment 74409
as you can see in the picture the glasses have a little bit of reflection in white, its another effects besides the selection and fill with white

Create a new layer.
Make a selection.
Fill selection with white.
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 5.12.32 PM.png

Create a new layer.
Use the Brush Tool to create the "effect"
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 5.14.21 PM.png
Command + D to deselect.

There is another option, if you're trying to preserve the original hilight and shading from an existing photo.

See below, I selected the lenses of a pair of sunglasses, copied them onto their own layer, then did a B/W adjustment layer, and used the blue sliders to remove all the blue, giving them a whitish glow and still maintaining the original shading on the lenses.

Agent

Attachments

• sunglasses_shopped.jpg
    sunglasses_shopped.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 3

Saarthal viking

There is another option, if you're trying to preserve the original hilight and shading from an existing photo.

See below, I selected the lenses of a pair of sunglasses, copied them onto their own layer, then did a B/W adjustment layer, and used the blue sliders to remove all the blue, giving them a whitish glow and still maintaining the original shading on the lenses.

Agent

amazing!! thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Agent
Just wanted to add that Agents technique works very well even if you've altered the BG. I used the Black and White adjustment layer to darken the subject as well as lighten the sunglasses.
Thanks Agent!
Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 10.51.23 AM.png