What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture editing

Hi Guys,

I'm have to edit some pictures in photoshop, but I have no idea how to get the result I want.
Hope someone here can help.

I'm gonna post the picture i need to edit, and pictures to show want I want. First picture is my own picture.
But I really wanna make the bridge more dark and winter-ish, instead of so summr-ish.
I also want to make to sky like on the 3 picture.

Which tools should I use for this?

This is the image I want to edit.
real.JPG

Darker wood like this.
bro2.JPG

This is the sky I want.
bluesky.JPG

fredfish

Guru
Hi Elizabeth

My approach would be, for the sky, to create a new sky using a gradient fill (using your 3rd picture as a reference). This would require you to create a selection of the existing sky and the replacing it.

For the bridge I would use a combination of curves and levels adjustment - again making a selection of the bridge first.

I am away for home at the moment but if you need more explanation I can do so later.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

thanks for your help.

But im still not sure how you want to make the sky.
the 3 picture with the sky I want is very small, so what do you mean when you say to use it as referance?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You make a selection of the sky.
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 2.11.05 PM.png

You use a layer mask to mask out the existing sky.
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 2.18.16 PM.png

Use the sky from your third image so set up your gradient tool.
In the gradient editor, sample the top and bottom of the sky.
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 2.20.37 PM.png

On a new layer below the original image layer, use your Gradient Tool to add the gradient.
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 2.24.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 2.21.30 PM.png

fredfish

Guru
Thanks IamSam - that was exactly what I was suggesting - thank you for describing it. I am currently away from home looking after my mum who is very unwell and have limited opportunity to post complete answers.

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No problem John, I understand. I hope your mum gets better and that it's nothing to serious.

gedstar

Guru
Open up the Gradient Editor and double click on the first Color Stop as indicated by the white arrow, this will bring up the Color Picker and then just take a sample color from the top part of the sky. Do the same with the second Color Stop and select a color lower down in the image to create the Gradient

View attachment 75199

Last edited: