What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pen tool question

cartoonbob

When I'm using the pen tool. Sometimes I might evidently click on something else or I might click a button in th le keyboard. After this happens I can't continue from where I left off. It starts a whole new selection. When I try to alt+z it doesn't fix it either.

So my question is, what do I do to go back and be able to continue the lines I already made for a render?

Also when I do complete the lines with the pen tool, sometimes I can't create a vector mask? Is it something I didn't do correctly or is it just bugging out?

gedstar

Guru
Hi

You should be able to continue on with the Path

Here I used the Pen Tool, and in between drawing the Path I was able to make selections, add effects and could still go back and edit the Path I was working on

View attachment 75213

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When I'm using the pen tool. Sometimes I might evidently click on something else or I might click a button in th le keyboard. After this happens I can't continue from where I left off. It starts a whole new selection. When I try to alt+z it doesn't fix it either.So my question is, what do I do to go back and be able to continue the lines I already made for a render?
When this happens, click once on the last node and continue with the path. If you have started another path and would like to go back to a previous path, hold down the Cmd/Cntrl key and click on the node you would like to continue the path on.

cartoonbob said:
Also when I do complete the lines with the pen tool, sometimes I can't create a vector mask? Is it something I didn't do correctly or is it just bugging out?
Once a path is closed (or before even) you can choose mask from the tools menu bar at the top left side. This will add a vector mask.
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.59.04 AM.png

You can also hold down the Cmd/Cntrl key and click on the add layer mask icon located at the bottom of the layers panel and this will add a vector mask.
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 12.01.58 PM.png