What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How the hell did i do that :$

sahan

Hello...

Im sure this would have popped up before, could someone help me on this image... and tell me how the hell did i do that ?

The original image on the left and right image happened when i tried to paste another image side by side of the original.

Also wanna know if there is a way to get the same effect without the color change on the original image

Thanks in advance to all.

19874027_10154710152566398_602773563_n.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum,

It would be better if you could post a proper screenshot of the issue and try to explain a bit more about what it is you're trying to do, also try to post a screenshot of PS with the layers panel showing

Last edited:
Hi Gedstar,

unfortunately this is the only shot I got before i went back.. sorry I cant explain it any better.

1. first i placed the the original image.. left side pic
2. then i placed another image of the same next to it.
3. then i was trying to move it with the keyboard and I think i was holding down control key and perhaps another key.
4. the second image i placed of the same as the right side image... just change color to pink, yellow, green etc
5. when ever i pressed the -> on the keypad.. it changed the location and size etc of the now multi colored image.. with in the image size.

hope this is better explanation

OK the only thing I can think of is you may have changed the blend mode of that layer to something other than Normal, without seeing layers panel and PS it's had to tell

View attachment 75865

Last edited:
Hello and welcome.

Opt/alt + Cmd/Cntrl + arrow keys will only duplicate and move original, it will not do anything else.

There is a step and repeat process that involves free transform that could possibly explain the duplication and positioning, it would not explain the color changes.

In viewing the effect, I would just make a brush from the original and use it with different colors, sizes, and blending modes to make the effect shown on the left.

You could also just duplicate many layers (Cmd/Cntrl + J), use free transform to resize each layer, use the move tool position.

Random acts of creativity are rarely repeatable similar to the "Infintie Monkey Theorem": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

However we can always guess what is going on.

My guess is that you are selecting and inverting various color channels. Any chance you are assuming that "mouse keys" are turned on to move the cursor with the letters on the keyboard? If you are assuming mouse keys are turned on (yet not) then you are likely pressing a variety of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts causing all sorts of interesting creations.

You may be in the best position to try and recreate what you did rather than forum members trying to recreate the "random creativity" that occurred

Just a suggestion

John Wheeler

Last edited:

Back