What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two photos into One?

Yzerwing

Hello Gurus,

I have a "chore" to do. I am not even sure of the correct terminology for this so it is hard to search.
In short, I have two pictures of my daughter and her friends; in one her eyes are closed, in the other, her friends' eyes are closed (I had no idea teenagers blinked so much!). I need to "overlap" these two pictures so that everyone's eyes are open.

First, what is this process called?
Second, how do I make this work?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Open the two images.
Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.38.03 PM.png

Make a wide selection of open eyes with the Rectangular Marquis Tool and copy it to it's own layer (Cmd/Cntrl + J).
Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.35.08 PM.png

Use the Move Tool to move the open eyes selection to the image with the closed eyes and position.
You may need to use Free Transform to get the size correct.
It also helps to lower the opacity of open eyes layer to aid in positioning.
Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.35.29 PM.png

Add a layer mask to the open eyes layer and use the Brush Tool to blend.
You may also need to add an adjustment layer to match the open eyes layer to the closed eyes image.
Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.38.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.41.12 PM.png

Take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Photoshop+Face+swaps