What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to use the 3d in photoshop

Michael1980

Hi, I am hawing a really hard time making some things in photoshop cs6 3d. Perhaps its just because im notso goog at english and at understanding photoshop.

I have this tutorial I would like to make in photoshop. the 3d part are made in illustrator, but as I see it, it could as welle be made in photoshop.
This part do I need some help to create.
I want to make a burning hell effect but it should say Juli instead of hell and seem like I have digged a hole in beach sand, saying Juli and with burning coal and flames comming up.

the tutorial I need help to to figure out is http://abduzeedo.com/hell-tutorial-photoshop

Eggy

Retired Moderator
In this tutorial there's no use at all of the 3D feature in Photoshop.
Its made in AI and PS to create a '3D' effect.

To be honest this is a clear tutorial and I couldn't add more to it

fredfish

Guru
I agree with Eggy that the tutorial is a fairly clear tutorial. However it is not what you want.

It is using Illustrator to create the 3d text and not Photoshop - it looks like what you want is to do the same thing, or similar, in Photoshop using Photoshops 3d features. I think you will have some issues if you just try to replicate an Illustrator process in Photoshop - the processes are significantly different.

I suggest that you look at a variety of Photoshop 3d text tutorials and try to get your head around the basics and then adapt them to the project that you want to produce.

What you need to look at is if it is possible to remove the front face of a 3d object in Photoshop 3d.

One tutorial you might like to have a look at to start with is this one.

http://planetphotoshop.com/3d-layers-text-effect-in-photoshop-cs6.html

Cheers

John

Michael1980

I didnt find ecxact what I was looking for. I decided to take another look through the tutorial and then I came up with the idea to play with the degrees the x, y and z axis are at.

the rest are just playing around
Ill throw you a picture of it
and then of the beach where i want to use it. to hear if you have any ideas of improving it so it look good and pretty realistic or if i should just drop the idea

Attachments

• juli.jpg
    juli.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 3
  • juli red.jpg
    juli red.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 16

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Not bad at all!

In the first one you did not apply a perspective view of the background and that kind of ruins the picture...

Michael1980

okay what do you mean. just so I know what to enhange. but most importent how about the beach picture??? i think i will make the edge of the text a little more imperfect and use the clone tool to give a more realistic edge with sand