What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mockup question

oodya

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help please?

I have been looking at creating mockups (they make my life so much easier). I have a quick question now - if I created a bi-fold mockup, with only partial of the page 2 showing, how can I still convert page 2 to use as a mockup? I have attached a sample.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Oodya

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
    mockup.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2

colleague

Guru
is this what you want ?

you can make page 1 into smart object
and also make page 2 into smart object

then change perspective and mask out the part that has to stay unvissible

if you want to change the text just double click the Smart Oject and edit and save

Attachments

• mockup.psd
    2.8 MB · Views: 6

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent work Colleague.

There is a slight discrepancy with the layer mask that's quickly fixed.
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.47.03 PM.png

Just add a little to the layer mask to include the white edge.
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.47.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.47.32 PM.png

oodya

Thank you both very much for your help. Would you happen to know of any tutorial videos that can help me with regards to the 'masking' side of things for the mockup?

Thanks again - I really like using this forum and have learnt a lot from you all.

Oodya

oodya

I've just watched a video about masking and slightly familiarised myself. One final question- for Page 2 - how do you know where the entire selection will be? The file that Colleague attached was great and exactly what I was looking for. However, for future reference, how would I know what to select for the entire page 2 selection?

Thank you,

Oodya

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Think of it this way..........

This is a selection of the page 2 smart object mock up..........the red area must be masked.
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 2.53.21 PM.png

To simplify the process, you could stay on the safe side and just make a mask from the entire card front.
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 2.51.09 PM.png

oodya

Hello,

Thank you both for your help so far. So one final question - for the selection of the page 2 smart object (the area where the Red area needs to be masked) - can you kindly let me know how you know exactly what to select - what I mean is part of page 2 is hidden behind the first page - but you seem to have perfectly selected the page in the Red mask perfectly. I'm intrigued to know how you did this.

Thank you,

Pritesh

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,

Thank you both for your help so far. So one final question - for the selection of the page 2 smart object (the area where the Red area needs to be masked) - can you kindly let me know how you know exactly what to select - what I mean is part of page 2 is hidden behind the first page - but you seem to have perfectly selected the page in the Red mask perfectly. I'm intrigued to know how you did this.

Thank you,

Pritesh
Certainly.

As Ged pointed out, I first made a selection of the Page 2 layer by Command/Control + clicking on the layers thumbnail.
Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 10.39.13 AM copy.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 10.38.49 AM.png

Now that I have that selection, I want to remove the upper section.
I then held down the Shift + Option/Alt + Cmd/Cntrl keys and clicked the Page 1 layers thumbnail.
Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 10.39.22 AM copy.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 10.42.12 AM.png